Best Schools In America
Your high school years probably didn’t represent the best four years of your life, but maybe if you’d gone to one of the best schools in America, things would’ve been different. Usually college readiness is a big part of what makes a school one of the best in the US – of – A, and some of the top charter schools, public schools and more do just that – or so say the heads of academia who rank them.
- Pacific Collegiate School: When you want the best school for your kid, do you send them to public school? Probably not. Pacific College School, located in Santa Cruz, California, evidently makes the cut for having a 100% college readiness level. Pacific Collegiate School, 255 Swift Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
- Academic Magnet High School: In case you’re not familiar, magnet schools are those that attract highly-talented individuals to the enrollment sheets. If you couldn’t write with both hands and feet, play seven instruments and speak four languages, you probably wouldn’t make the cut. This one did, evidently for having the most talented kids in the nation. Academic Magnet High School, 5109-A West Enterprise Street, North Charleston, SC 29405.
- International Academy: If your teacher ever told you that showing up was half the class, he was probably right. International Academy makes it on the best schools in America list for having the best enrollment. Go figure, right? International Academy, 1020 E. Square Lake Road Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304.
- Newcomers High School: Who says you need a bunch of money to run a school? This New York school gets the gold medal for doing the most with only a little. In other words, they’re one of the most economically disadvantaged schools in the country, yet they still have a 100% college readiness level. Newcomers High School, 28-01 41 Avenue, Queens, NY 11101.
- Stanton College Preparatory School: If the sound of such a stuffy name makes you feel like you need to go take a shower, no one will blame you. This one in North Carolina gets props for being a top baccalaureate school to prepare kids for getting through college the best. Stanton College Preparatory School 1149 West 13th Street, Jacksonville, FL 32209.
- Whitney High School: It’s not exactly located in Chinatown, but this Cerritos, California school gets top in the nation for highest Asian-American enrollment and success rate. They’re actually number three in the nation for this achievement. Whitney High School, 16800 Shoemaker Avenue, Cerritos, CA 90703.
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School: Any school with nearly 5,000 students should get props just for keeping the building intact. All those hormones floating around can’t be good for the walls. But evidently it did shoot them to the top of the best schools in America list for this reason. Adlai E. Stevenson High School, One Stevenson Drive, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- Bridgewater High School: Leave it to a school in the Badlands to have the smallest enrollment while staying in high education rankings. This school, with less than 50 students, is located in Bridgewater, South Dakota. Bridgewater High School, 510 North Main, Bridgewater, SD 57319.
- IDEA Academy & College Preparatory: This Donna, Texas school gets a gold medal for best grades in the open enrollment category. They serve junior as well as senior high school kids who aren’t necessarily the most talented but still have bright minds. IDEA Academy & College Preparatory, 505 Angelita Drive, Suite 9, Weslaco, TX 78596.
- Metro Academic and Classical High School: This St. Louis, Missouri school takes the top ranking for having the highest population of African American attendees. Evidently nearly half of the high school is made up of African American students. Metro Academic and Classical High School, 4015 McPherson Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63108.