Best Selling Albums Of All Time
Have you ever wondered which of the thousands of great records hold the top spots for the best selling albums of all time? There are many talented singers/groups in the world that have produced phenomenal albums, but only the best of the best in sales are listed below. Here is the list of the all time best selling albums.
- "Thriller" Michael Jackson. M. J. 's "Thriller" has sold more than 27 million copies in the U.S. to date, it was released in 1982 and spent 122 weeks on the chart. Michael Jackson, who passed on in 2009 at the age of 50 is hailed as "The King of Pop" by his many millions of worldwide fans. Seven of "Thriller's" nine singles made the top ten list. "Human Nature, "Beat It," "Billie Jean," and "Thriller" are just a few of the album's mega-hits. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" sold 1 million copies in one week.
- "Their Greatest Hits: Eagles." The Eagles are an all-American group that released their debut self-titled album in 1972 that produced the mega-hit single "Take it Easy." "Their Greatest Hits" Album was released four years later, with hits like "One of These Nights," and "Best of My Love." "Their Greatest Hits" has sold more than 22 million copies, it was on the charts for 133 weeks.
- "Rumours" Fleetwood Mac. "Rumours was released in 1977 by the L.A. based group Fleetwood Mac, it has sold more than 17 million copies to date. "Rumours" overtook the multi-talented songstress Barbara Streisand's "A Star is Born" and sat at number one for 31 weeks. "Rumours" was on the charts for 134 weeks. "You Make Loving Fun," "Dreams," and "Go Your Own Way" were a few of the albums big hits.
- "Untitled" Led Zepplin. "Stairway to Heaven," "Going to California," and "Misty Mountain Hop" are a few of the smash hits that made "Untitled" one of the best selling albums of all-time. Released in 1971 by the British group Led Zepplin, "Untitled" has sold more than 16 million copies in the U.S. alone. The album peaked at the number two spot and spent 259 weeks on the chart.
- "The Bodyguard" Whitney Houston/Various Artists. "The Bodyguard" is the soundtrack for the movie of the same name. "The Bodyguard" album produced the best selling soundtrack of all-time as well as the best selling single of all-time, "I Will Always Love You." Releases in 1992 the album has sold 15 million copies to date and was number one on the chart for twenty of the 141 weeks it spent on it.
- "Born in The U.S.A." Bruce Springsteen. The Boss and his E Street Band's 1984 album was number one on the charts for seven of the 139 weeks it spent there. "Born in The U.S.A. has sold 15 million copies to date, it produced such memorable top hits as "I'm on Fire," "Born in The U.S.A.," and "Dancin' in The Dark." "Born in The U.S.A. had a total of seven top ten singles on the pop charts.