Best Shopping Malls In India
The best shopping malls in India are varied and are also a fairly new concept. Years ago there were no shopping centers in India, but India has become a hot spot for retail development because of the booming economy and growth of the middle class. Hundreds of shopping malls continue to be built to provide shopping pleasures, huge food courts and gaming and entertainment zones.
- The Inorbit Mall in Mumbai is one of South East Asia's largest malls. It gave Mumbai its first hypermarket. It also opened with the largest "Shoppers Stop" offering exclusive clothing lines. This mall has won awards such as "Mall of the Year," "Shopping Centre of the Year" and the "International Maxi Award." It strives to give the "WOW" feeling in the mall itself with its internationally famous retailers. It also conducts various events to give its customers fun and amazement.
- The Oberoi mall in Mumbai is a classy mall with a large central atrium that provides a view of every shop front in the mall. Cosmetics, perfumes, clothing, accessories and sportswear are featured as well as a third level with a large food court and area for gaming.
- Inorbit Cyberabad is Hyderabad's largest mall with 800,000 square feet. It opened in October 2009, features an optimum choice of fashion and lifestyle retailers, and is scientifically designed as a part of Mindspace, the IT City.
- The Gold Souk Mall--meaning Gold Arcade or Bazaar in Arabic--is located in a number of cities in India. It caters only to merchants and buyers of gold, diamonds and jewelry. Security is tight and they are often located on the outskirts of a city, which can be difficult to get to. The best Indian and international jewelers are located in these Gold Souk Malls.
- The Sahara Ganj Mall in Lucknow has 525,000 square feet of massive space and was awarded the CNBC Award on World Disabled Day as the best mall for providing ease for disabled people. This mall was the first to come up with the idea of providing facilities, paths and designer lifts for the disabled to shop at their leisure 365 days a year. It also has a PVR state-of-the-art our-screen movie theater.