If you plan on heading out towards the beautiful island of Cozumel anytime soon and love the popular activity of snorkeling, then you’re definitely going to need to know about the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel beforehand. From the popular Sunset Beach to the traditional Alberto's Beach, there are many fascinating beaches in Cozumel to snorkel.
- Sunset Beach. Not only is Sunset Beach one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel, it’s also one of the most beautiful. Featuring crystal clear waters, gentle waves and an abundant array of fish and coral reef to view, Sunset Beach is the place to be if you want to experience the best snorkeling experience in Cozumel.
- Playa Bonita. If you’re looking for a remote destination without all the troublesome crowds, then the Playa Bonita Beach is the place for you. Not only is the Playa Bonita Beach one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel, it’s also one of the most romantic beaches in Cozumel. While Playa Bonita Beach is indeed one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel it can also be quite dangerous so always snorkel with a partner. Also, be sure to bring along a good supply of bug repellant if you plan on visiting during the summertime as flies and mosquitoes abound in this particular area.
- Playa Corona. The tiny Playa Corona Beach is another one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel. If you want to snorkel in crystal clear waters without all the hustle and bustle of too many other people, then this is the perfect destination for you. Be aware that during the peak tourist season this beach can get pretty crowded, so plan your trip to this little paradise during its off season.
- Dzul Ha. If you’re the type of guy that doesn’t like to snorkel too far from shore, then the Dzul Ha should be to your liking. While this is indeed one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel, it does feature a very sharp coral rock on the waters edge, so be careful when entering.
- Alberto's Beach. The low-key Alberto's Beach is another one of the best snorkeling beaches in Cozumel. After you’ve had your fun snorkeling in its pristine waters be sure to visit Alberto's Beach Restaurant and Bar and order up a few of their freshly caught fish for a delightful meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...