Best Song Quotes About Relationships
The best song quotes about relationships can provide inspiration in your own love life. Musicians have a lot to say about love. Their song quotes depict relationships in all stages, from their cheerful beginnings to their tragic conclusions.
- “Let’s rewrite an ending that fits / Instead of a Hollywood horror” from “Someday” by Nickelback On their 2003 album “The Long Road,” Canadian rockers Nickelback often attacked the subject of relationships. In this quote, singer Chad Kroeger makes a last-ditch plea to save his relationship from a sad end.
- “You got me wrapped around your finger” from “Linger” by The Cranberries Sometimes you just have to let your girl know that you’d do anything for her. This line comes from the 1993 album “Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We?” If you’re in a relationship, it’s a perfect song quote to let her know how highly you think of her.
- “I got sunshine on a cloudy day” from “My Girl” by The Temptations Many of the best song quotes about relationships come from the Motown era and this line from 1964 is no different. First heard on the album “The Temptations Sing Smokey,” this quote encapsulates the utter bliss a good relationship can bring.
- “Love is a battlefield” from “Love Is A Battlefield” by Pat Benatar This 1983 quote is so good, Benatar based an entire song around it. Released on the album “Live From Earth,” it’s a simple and direct quote about the inevitable conflict that comes with every relationship.
- “Just slip out the back, Jack / Make a new plan, Stan” from “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” by Paul Simon If your relationship begins to go sour, sometimes you’ve just got to get out. Simon provides a blueprint for escape on his 1975 album “Still Crazy After All These Years.” It’s a tongue-in-cheek relationship quote, but its message still rings true.
- “Take my hand, take my whole life too / I can’t help falling in love with you” from “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley No other song quote captures the happily helpless feeling in a solid relationship quite like this 1961 line from the album “Blue Hawaii.” If you’ve ever felt like you found “the one,” you’ll be able to identify with this quote.
- “You were my strength when I was weak / You were my voice when I couldn’t speak” from “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion A healthy relationship requires support from both sides. Dion elaborates on this premise on her 1996 album “Falling Into You.” This song quote shows that in a relationship, two people can become one.
- “Rescue me from the mire / Whisper words of desire” from “Do I Have to Say the Words?” by Bryan Adams The year 1992 saw the release of this song quote about relationships, from the album “Waking Up the Neighbours.” A good relationship can save a person from self-defeat. In this quote, Adams pleads for a metaphorical helping hand from his lover.
- “You’ve already won me over, in spite of me” from “Head Over Feet” by Alanis Morissette Some of the 1995’s best song quotes about relationships come from the album “Jagged Little Pill.” In this quote, Morissette is admitting that she’s fallen in love, even though she initially fought against it. It’s a good way to say what an impact a relationship can have on your feelings.
- “How can we make love if we can’t make amends?” from “How Can We Be Lovers?” by Michael Bolton Soulful crooner Bolton knows a thing or two about relationships, both positive and negative. This quote, from his 1990 album “Soul Provider,” is a heartfelt plea to a love gone bad. It shows that it’s impossible to enjoy a relationship’s physical aspect if the emotional component is lacking.
Posted on: Apr. 06, 2011