The best "Star Wars" quotes offer life-altering lessons, inspiration, and sometimes just a good laugh. The "Star Wars" saga is one that continues to entertain generations of science-fiction fans, young and old. As a result, the "Star Wars" saga is also one of the most quotable series in movie history.
- "May the Force be with you." The quote that sums up the "Star Wars" universe, this line is used in all six films to convey good luck upon someone, especially amongst Jedi.
- "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" Princess Leia, being held prisoner in a Death Star detention block, has her first meeting with Luke Skywalker as he is dressed as a storm trooper in order to rescue her in "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope."
- "Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" Princess Leia endears herself to yet another future friend, the beloved Wookiee Chewbacca, also featured in "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope."
- "So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause." In "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith," Padme Amidala, now a senator of Naboo, utters these words to fellow senator Bail Organa of Alderaan, after Emperor Palpatine "reorganizes" the Republic as the Galactic Empire, signifying a major turning point in the "Star Wars" galaxy.
- "I find your lack of faith disturbing." The incomparable Darth Vader shows he has a grip on things, quite literally, in "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope" as he discusses the Death Star and "that ancient religion" with a slightly incapacitated Admiral Motti.
- "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" Yoda may be small and 800 years old, but don't tell him you can't lift an X-wing fighter, as Luke did in "Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back."
- "I've got a bad feeling about this." This "Star Wars" quote is spoken in some form in all six movies. It became something of a gag line in the "Star Wars" universe, much as "May the Force be with you" became the series' tag line.