You don’t have to spend five thousand dollars on a suit for it to look sharp; learn about the best suits under $500. The most important things to consider when buying a suit is that it fits you perfectly. After buying your suit, you should take it to a tailor to ensure perfect fit. This is what separates the cheap looking suits from the Armani look-alikes. You will also want to make sure and that it is not too trendy. Stay away from white suits and seersucker stripes. Here are five of the best suits under $500.
- DKNY solid slim-fit suit. This suit closes in front with two buttons. Some men might be turned off by the two side pockets on the jacket, but they are hardly noticeable. The suit is made out of wool and has a ventilated back. The pants have a straight leg cut with a detailed, professional seam. The solid slim fit suit is available in navy blue and black. This is one of the best suits under $500; at $299 for both pieces, it is a great deal. You can purchase this suit at Macy’s department stores.
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren two-button navy stripe suit. This fashionable suit looks like you could have paid a thousand for it, but it retails for about $250.. This wool and cashmere suit looks classic, with four buttons lining the cuffs and a pleated pant with two slit pockets. The cashmere on this suit makes it comfortable and very professional looking. Also available at Macy's.
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren black stripe wool three-button suit. This all wool suit is versatile enough to mix and match with other suits. The jacket has a three button closure and a discrete Ralph Lauren label at the cuff. It is another of the best suits under $500; it retails for less than $200. However, this might not be the best suit for you if you tend to sweat a lot. Available at Overstock.com.
- Ted Baker Endurance suit. Ted Baker’s suits generally cost over $700. This suit has been marked down to just over $300, making it one of the best suits under $500. The jacket has a three-button closure and the shoulders are slightly padded. The pants have a straight leg cut and they are partially lined with sateen. The Endurance is one of the best suits under $500 for smaller men, since the padding and straight leg cut might make big men look too bulky. Available at BlueFly.com
- Hugo Boss Adalo. The jacket is made from mohair and wool and closes with a single button. The pants have belt loops with discrete welt pockets in back and front pockets. The Adalo is perfect for men of all sizes. The jacket is lined with viscose and the pants are lined with rayon. Buy the Adalo for $500 at Zappos.com
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…