What is the best suntan lotion for dry skin? Does it make any difference which brand you buy? The answer is yes, absolutely. There are so many products out there that it is essential to know which suntan lotion to buy for your dry skin.
In the good old days, sun worshippers could go into any drugstore and pick up greasy, gooey suntan lotion that would guarantee a great tan. One simply applied the lotion, lay back in the sun, roasted for a few hours, remembering to reapply after swimming. Then we all got smarter and started to pay attention to all that depressing data about the sun and skin damage. At the very least, sun damage causes dark spots on the skin and wrinkling. At the worst, excessive exposure to sunlight may cause skin cancer.
Now that we are aware that skin protection is essential when spending time in the sun, all that has changed. Sunblock is the way to go. There is a bewildering amount of sunblock on the market. Which suntan lotion is best for your dry skin? You will need:
- Sun protection in cream or lotion form
- Aloe vera gel
- Lanolin product like baby oil
- Very rich moisturizing cream
- Lip protective cream
- Sunless bronze tinted lotion
- The good news for sunbathers everywhere is the development of sunblock. These lotions can be quite effective at blocking the sun's harmful UVA (ultraviolet A) and UB (ultraviolet B) rays while allowing some healthy time in the sun's rays.
- Sunblocks have SPF(sun protection factor) protection ranging from 8 to 80, quite a range that can confuse the average consumer looking at all those numbers. In general, the higher the number the better the protection. Most people will need at least a 15 SPF protection.
- Avoid using alcohol or gel-based sunblocks on your dry skin. These will only make a dry skin situation worse. Read the list of ingredients carefully to avoid using this type of suntan lotion on your dry skin.
- Apply the sunblock cream or lotion liberally to your dry skin. Make sure you use enough suntan lotion on your dry skin.
- Reapply every 1 to 2 hours or after swimming. This is important because many sunbathers forget this step.
- Don't forget your lips. Dry skin sufferers often have dry skin on the lips as well. Apply specially formulated sun protection products to your lips. Reapply lip balm every hour or after eating or drinking.
- Moisturize heavily after spending time in the sun. After spending time in the sun, don't forget to use a very rich moisturizer on your dry skin. Products containing lanolin such as baby oil are especially good for your dry skin.
- Consider skipping the sun and using bronzing lotions instead. There are many instant tanning lotions and creams on the market. These are usually very rich in moisturizers and have the added benefit of moisturizing your dry skin in addition to providing a tan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?