Best Supplements For Muscle Gain
Looking for the best supplements for muscle gain? You can pretty much break them into groups of proteins, nutritional supplements and not-so-natural supplements. Some of them are ones you can get anywhere, while others might take a doctor’s prescription to obtain.
- Creatine: If you want energy, you’ll get it with creatine. You can drink creatine as a supplement or take it as a tablet. Basically, it gives you big boosts of energy that help with muscle-building.
- Eggs: You don’t have to drink raw eggs straight like Rocky just to get a lot of muscle. But you’ll need to add lots of eggs to your diet and perhaps your shakes, too. Or just take egg supplements for muscle gain; that works, too.
- Whey: Let’s face it: everybody and his brother sells a whey supplement of some kind. The whole point in taking whey is for keeping your muscles from getting sore after your workout. But it also contains protein to give you lots of energy while you build muscle, too.
- Protein Bars: Don’t just pick up any old protein bar off the Walmart shelf. But, protein bars at reputable weight loss/muscle gain stores and outlets can give you a boost of energy and are health-wise if you are trying to lose weight, too.
- Glutamine: Glutamine helps your muscles and joints stay moving as they should while you exercise. It’s one of the best supplements for muscle gain because it’s a preventative. If you fail to take this, you’ll experience joints rubbing together in a very nasty fashion. You’ll get clicks in your joints, too, and that’s no fun.
- Amino Acids: Taking amino acids can be even better than taking protein, as these actually build the protein itself. Amino acids both build muscle and prevent muscle loss, so it’s a good idea to add these to your workout.
- HGH: Okay, now for the ugly three words that most trainers hate: Human growth hormone. As nasty and illegal as they may sound, there are supplements in this category that you can buy legally over the counter on websites. You can also get a greater strength hormone from a doctor, like Hollywood guys do for movies.
- Nitric Oxide: Nitric oxide might sound like something you’d put in a car rather than in your body. Fact is, it’s a gas, just like nitrous oxide, but it’s designed to increase blood flow in your muscles. So it does for your muscle gain what NOS does in your car. But it doesn’t last forever in your body, it just gives short bursts, kind of like NOS.
- Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate: This amazing mouthful contains zinc, magnesium and other natural ingredients designed to boost your hormone levels naturally. So if HGH isn’t your thing, this might be more up your alley.
- Ribose: Ribose is a type of sugar that works like creatine. It gives you energy just like creatine and is often taken in conjunction with it. Unfortunately, it can be more expensive than its creatine cousin, so you might not find it cost-effective to take it as a supplement for muscle gain.