Best Timex Watches With Compass
What are the best Timex watches with a compass? Timex makes many different types of watches, some with active compass functions, some with simple rotating compass rings, and some with compasses on their straps. The simple compass ring is not a real compass, and the watch band compass can be swapped out leaving a watch without a compass. Since the main theme here is watches with compasses, we will concern ourselves with the watches with active compass features in their mechanism. Since Timex makes both digital, and analog watches with active compass features we will include both types in our list. We will rank the watches by MSRP, manufacturers suggested retail price, from the Timex site. Of course with all of the markets available, the savvy buyer usually will not pay the MSRP.
- Timex Digital Trail Series Compass $70.00 This is a digital display watch with a resin case and nylon strap. Features include, digital compass, alarm, directional compass ring, and water resistance to 100 meters. This is a good multi-featured watch for those who prefer a digital display, are comfortable with their operation, and do not need a lot of features.
- Timex Adventure Tech Digital Compass Shock $90.00 This is a digital display watch with a resin case which is shock resistant to ISO standards. It is from their popular Expedition series. Features include digital compass, 24 hour timer, multiple alarms, date display, Indiglo night light, lap counter, directional compass bezel, water resistance to 200 meters and others. This is a slight move up in a digital watch for rougher use and those instances which require additional features. .
- Timex E-Compass $140 This Timex is one of their quartz analog line, meaning it has the traditional wristwatch hour/minute hands. It features a stainless steel case, date, compass hand, Indiglo night light, 100 meter water resistance and a leather strap. It is the Timex for those who prefer an analog watch to a digital, and wants a compass, yet does not need all the bells and whistles of some of their other models.
- Timex E-Tide Temp $170 This is a quartz ani-digi Timex. What that means is that it has the time shown in an analog format but also includes some features in a digital display format. Its features include stainless steel case, silicone strap, compass hand, digital thermometer for both air and water, tide tracker, Indiglo night light, directional compass bezel, adjustable declination, and is water resistant to 100 meters. It also comes in multiple dial colors. This is the Timex for the user who prefers an analog time display, yet needs the full features of a digital watch with compass.
- Timex WS4 $200 This is the full featured Timex quartz compass watch. This has all the features the adventurer needs. Features include a resin case and strap, digital compass, Indiglo night light, altimeter, barometer, digital thermometer for water and air temp, chronometer, alarms, dual time zone, and is 50 meter water resistant. This is the watch for the gadget lover who needs a compass and lots of special features.
Almost all of the watches picked can be had in various different configurations. Some will have different dial colors, different strap or bracelet options, as well as other options. A good look at the Timex site will help the user pick the one that is perfect for them. As with all technology, how well it works depends a lot upon how well the user learns to use it. After buying one of these watches, read the manual very carefully and follow the instructions. If the watch has a declination feature, use it, or the compass will not point accurately. Declination is the adjustment of a compass for geographical position. Also a good idea is to learn the basics of compass use before relying upon one.