The best tires for Toyota Prius? It all depends on what you are looking for in a tire. Most Toyota Prius owners are looking for low rolling resistance or LRR tires. The LRR tires have less rolling resistance than normal car tires and can increase the miles per gallon on fuel consumption. With that in mind these are the best tires for Toyota Prius owners.
- Michelin Hydro-edge with GreenX. This tire hits the list of best tires for Toyota Prius due to its top of the line design and low resistant technology. Michelin's GreenX shows their stand on helping the environment by producing tires that will have lower rolling resistance, therefore using less power and emitting less into the atmosphere.
- Michelin Hydro-Edge. The Michelin hydro-edge has the same great tread pattern as the above tire; however it is not designed with the GreenX technology. This tire has normal rolling resistance and does not claim to provide better fuel economy.
- Michelin X. This is a good all-season radial tire for the Toyota Prius. The tread pattern is designed for long lasting and even tread wear. To reduce road noise and vibrations, it is designed with Michelin's Comfort Control Technology. Although it is an all-season tire, the tread pattern will not do well in heavy snow.
- Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. This best tire for a Toyota Prius is much like the Michelin X. The tread pattern allows for even wear; however, it is not recommended in heavier snow. This tire has a comfort layer that helps absorb vibrations and pothole impacts.
- Yokohama Avid TRZ. This all season radial is designed to be pliable at lower temperatures to increase the ease of driving in cold weather. These means that the tire compound will be more pliable during colder days than other tires may be, adding more grip to the road.