If you are looking for the authentic taste of tripas de leche, these are the best tripas de leche recipe you will find. Whether you are feeding the family or trying something new, these recipes are definitely the way to go. While it may be considered a bizarre delicacy, it is still delicious. Tripas de leche are milk glands from a cow. They are typically fried and served with tortillas, pico de gallo and homemade guacamole. The extras which go alongside this delicacy make it the best tripas de leche recipes around. Enjoy your fiesta with all of these authentic Mexican tastes.
Authentic Tripe Asada Tortillas
- 4 lbs. of beef tripe (can be found in a Latin supermarket or other ethnic meat dealers)
- Large corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Cut your tripe into long pieces that are about six to eight inches long. Make sure they are not too thick around.
- Boil the tripe in salt water for 30 minutes or until they are tender. Do not overcook them.
- Fry them in vegetable oil until they are crispy. This should only take about one minute.
- Serve hot and fresh with warm corn tortillas. Make sure you have prepared guacamole and pico de gallo to add to your tripe.
- Enjoy with the family! You are sure to get your fix after this authentic meal.
Authentic South American Tripe De Leche Stew
- 1 lb. of tripe
- 2 pigs feet
- 1 qt. of water
- 1 large onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 peppercorns
- 2 oz. of olive oil
- 8 oz. of tomato puree
- 1/4 lb. uncooked ham
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 tab of capers
- 3 pimiento stuffed olives
- Get a large pot and bring the water, tripe, pigs feet, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, garlic cloves, onion and parsley to a simmer. Once the meat is tender, make sure you cut the meat off the bone. Cut the tripe into coarse pieces. Cool the broth and put it to the side.
- Wilt the onions in a large saucepan with olive oil. Once they have wilted, add the tomato puree and let cook for five minutes.
- Add two cups of broth into the saucepan, along with the tripe, ham, pigs feet meat and a glass of white wine. Taste and make sure the seasonings are how you want them. If not, add what you feel is necessary. Let simmer for another ten minutes, give or take. Serve with the olives and capers sprinkled on top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …