You won't be doubting that a vanilla cupcake is manly when you and your boys are devouring the ones you made with the best vanilla cupcakes recipe. Not only is it one of the trendiest desserts of the last decade, thanks to the explosion in popularity of New York City’s Magnolia Bakery and Beverly Hills’s Sprinkles, but it’s also the perfect snack for someone on the go – or someone who wants just a little bit of sugary perfection.
- One box (18-20 ounce) classic white cake mix (recommended: Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix)
- 1 cup milk (preferably whole – but skim, 1% and 2% will work too)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- Mix all ingredients, using an electric mixer, for two minutes. Give the mixture another minute of beating with a wooden spoon to ensure everything is well-blended.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 of the way.
- Place the pans in the oven, and bake for seventeen to twenty minutes, or until golden. You'll know they are ready if they spring back when pressed lightly with a finger.
- Place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
- Once entirely cool, spread with frosting. You can use store bought vanilla frosting or use the recipe below to make your own.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter in bowl using electric mixer until light and fluffy. It should take about two minutes.
- Gradually beat in confectioners sugar into the butter.
Beat in milk and vanilla. Continue to beat for two to three minutes, until smooth, creamy and dense.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.