To make the best watermelon martini, start with the best watermelon martini recipe. An ice-cold watermelon martini is the perfect drink to serve on a hot summer day or evening. Make your next gathering fun and refreshing with the perfect combination of watermelon juice and vodka.
To make the best watermelon martini, you will need:
- Five cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- One lime, juiced
- A quarter cup sugar
- A quarter cup cup water
- Three tablespoons salt, coarse
- Three tablespoons sugar
- Half a cup vodka
- Chill the martini glasses. Rinse the martini glasses in clear water and immediately place in the freezer, without drying the glasses, for at least an hour to chill.
- Prepare the other martini ingredients. Place five cups of seedless watermelon cubes in the blender on high until smooth, then strain into a container. Juice one lime.
- Make the simple syrup. Add a quarter cup sugar and a quarter cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the martini glasses. Combine three tablespoons of salt and sugar on a flat plate. Wet the edge of a chilled martini glass with a cube of watermelon and dip the wet rim of the martini glass into the salt and sugar mixture.
- Mix the martini. Combine one cup of watermelon juice, half a cup of vodka, and a quarter cup of simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Cover the ingredients with ice and shake well. Strain the watermelon martini into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with small wedges of watermelon or a lime wedge.
A watermelon martini can be served in a chilled martini glass without adding salt and sugar to the rim of the glass. Try serving your watermelon martini in a tall glass with ice and a twist. Remember to use seedless watermelons to avoid mixing a drink full of watermelon seeds. Use good quality vodka only. It makes a big difference in the flavor of your watermelon martini.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.