Best Watermelon Martini Recipe
To make the best watermelon martini, start with the best watermelon martini recipe. An ice-cold watermelon martini is the perfect drink to serve on a hot summer day or evening. Make your next gathering fun and refreshing with the perfect combination of watermelon juice and vodka.
To make the best watermelon martini, you will need:
- Five cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- One lime, juiced
- A quarter cup sugar
- A quarter cup cup water
- Three tablespoons salt, coarse
- Three tablespoons sugar
- Half a cup vodka
- Chill the martini glasses. Rinse the martini glasses in clear water and immediately place in the freezer, without drying the glasses, for at least an hour to chill.
- Prepare the other martini ingredients. Place five cups of seedless watermelon cubes in the blender on high until smooth, then strain into a container. Juice one lime.
- Make the simple syrup. Add a quarter cup sugar and a quarter cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the martini glasses. Combine three tablespoons of salt and sugar on a flat plate. Wet the edge of a chilled martini glass with a cube of watermelon and dip the wet rim of the martini glass into the salt and sugar mixture.
- Mix the martini. Combine one cup of watermelon juice, half a cup of vodka, and a quarter cup of simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Cover the ingredients with ice and shake well. Strain the watermelon martini into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with small wedges of watermelon or a lime wedge.
A watermelon martini can be served in a chilled martini glass without adding salt and sugar to the rim of the glass. Try serving your watermelon martini in a tall glass with ice and a twist. Remember to use seedless watermelons to avoid mixing a drink full of watermelon seeds. Use good quality vodka only. It makes a big difference in the flavor of your watermelon martini.