Best Way To Run
What is the best way to run? It depends on your goal. Do you wish to know the safest way to run or the healthiest way to run for your workout program? Maybe you wish to know the fastest way to run. Let's focus on running speed. Here, you will learn some running tips for improving speed through the Pose Running Technique.
- Let your body fall forward as you begin running. It's a good start that will optimize your use of gravity. You may notice less stress on your muscles.
- Always land on the balls of your feet. Landing on the heels is not the best way to run. This puts a lot of stress on your body and slows you down. Do not let your heels make contact with the ground at all if you can help it. Do not land on your toes or use them for support, either.
- Keep your knees bent and don't bounce. Raise your foot using your ankle after the ball of the foot makes contact with the ground. This is better than bouncing, which decreases running efficiency.
- Use short strides. Big strides are great for fast walking. They do not work as well for running.
- Keep your legs relaxed and close together. Tense running slows you down. Be relaxed and resilient.
- Focus on the lift instead of the landing. You want to pay attention to the pulling of the foot from the ground instead of the downward motion of landing. This helps you to propel forward during your run.
- Align your shoulders, hips and ankles vertically. This way to run will help you work with gravity more effectively. It will also help you to propel yourself without forcing your forward movements.
- Use your arms only for balance. Remember that the whole idea is to work with gravity. Therefore, don't focus on forcing yourself forward. The best way to run is to let gravity do most of the work.