Best Ways to Clean Leather Couches
If you want to find out the best ways to clean leather couches, read on for tips and tricks to keep them looking plush and beautiful. Properly caring for and maintaining your leather furniture will prevent cracking, mold, and future damage. You only need a few products to clean leather, so get started.
You'll need the following to clean leather:
- Mild moisturizing soap or castile soap
- Castor oil (optional)
- Vaseline (optional, for white leather couches)
- Three to four soft, clean cloths
- Wet your cloth with warm water, and wring it out. Apply soap onto the cloth until it lathers. Make sure it isn't soaking wet.
- Wipe off the couch with the soapy cloth. Rub in a quick motion, making sure to evenly spread the soap over the couch. Be sure to get to all surfaces in order to clean leather.
- When the couch is sufficiently cleaned, wet another cloth and wring it out. Use this to remove the lather. Rub hard enough to remove any soap residue. You may have to rinse and wring the cloth several times to remove all of the soap. Just make sure it isn't soaking wet
- Dry the couch with another clean, dry cloth. Rub it quickly to remove any excess water. Allow the couch to air dry before conditioning.
- To condition the couch, use a small amount of Vaseline or castor oil. Apply this with a clean cloth, and wipe over the couch evenly. You now have clean leather!
Never use large amounts of water, harsh cleaners, or abrasives on leather because they can cause many types of damage. For difficult stain removal, contact the manufacturer or a professional to clean leather.