The five best yoga moves for constipation stimulate the digestive system and help the bowels function properly. People who find themselves suffering from constipation may find relief by trying some of the following yoga poses.
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend). To try this yoga pose, bend forward at the waist, allowing the top half of your body to hang limply while reaching for your toes or the floor. This yoga move can reduce constipation by aiding in digestion and providing stress relief.
- Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose). To get into the revolved triangle yoga pose, step your feet four feet apart and turn all of your toes to the right. Raise your arms to the side and windmill your body, bending to touch your right foot with your left hand. Repeat on the other side. This challenging pose increases blood flow to the internal organs is one of the best yoga moves for constipation.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose). To stimulate digestion and get your bowels moving, try spending some time in bow pose. This pose involves lying in the floor on your stomach, then bending your knees and reaching back with your arms to grab your ankles. By pressing your stomach into the floor, you massage your intestines, helping to get the digestion process underway.
- Janusirsana (Head to Knee Forward Bend.) Forward folds help with many gastrointestinal symptoms. The head to knee forward bend is one of the best yoga moves for constipation. Move into this pose by sitting with your legs straight in front of you, then bending your left leg and bringing your left foot to rest against your right thigh. Bend forward, reaching toward your right foot with both hands and trying to touch your head to your right knee. Repeat on the other side.
- Savasana (Corpse Pose). It's best to end any yoga practice by relaxing in corpse pose. Corpse pose is achieved by lying flat on your back and allowing your arms and legs to relax completely on the floor. Close your eyes and take several deep breaths. Spending time in corpse pose helps relieve stress while deep breathing in this position improves the flow of oxygen and blood through the body. Getting blood flowing to the intestines is what makes corpse pose one of the best yoga moves for constipation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream