Biggest Cities In The World
If you are interested in world travel, cultures and studying the globe in general, it can help to know about the five biggest cities in the world. The largest cities on the planet are generally determined by the population of people residing within the metropolitan area, rather than by pure size. If you are a fan of concrete, people watching, loud noises and skyrise buildings, you might want to visit these giant cities.
- Shanghai Shanghai is the biggest city in China, which also happens to be the biggest country on earth. The eastern Chinese metropolis is a hub for a variety of different sectors, including culture, finance and fashion. The bustling port city is a popular international tourism spot because of attractions such as Yuyuan Garden, the Bund, the Jade Buddha Temple and the Shanghai Museum.
- Mexico City Mexico City is the capital of the Spanish-speaking, North American nation of Mexico. Mexico City is one of the continent's financial centers and is also known for politics and education. Mexico City was founded in March of 1325. Some of the city's most noteworthy landmarks and attractions are the Plaza de la Constitucion, the Palace of Fine Arts, the National Museum of Anthropology and the Aztec Stadium.
- Tokyo Tokyo is the glittering capital of the Far Eastern nation of Japan. The metropolis is situated on the island of Honshu. The vast global metropolis is known as one of the most expensive cities in the world. Some of Tokyo's most popular tourist spots are the Tsukiji Fishmarket, Tokyo Disneyland, the Asakusa Kannon Temple, Ueno Park Zoo and the Tokyo National Museum.
- New York City New York City is the United States' biggest city in terms of population. Known as the "Big Apple," New York City is a force in media, entertainment, finance, education, art, fashion and culture. The city welcomes millions of tourists from all over the planet every year, with world famous attractions such as Central Park, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway and the Statue of Liberty.
- Mumbai Mumbai is located in the South Asian nation of India on its western coast. The city, which was known previously as Bombay, is in the state of Maharashtra, for which it also is the capital. Some of the city's standout landmarks and attractions are the Crawford Market, the Hanging Gardens, the Mahalaxmi Temple and Vihar Lake.