Biggie Smalls Quotes
The late great Notorious B.I.G. was a Brooklyn-raised rapper with a big voice that shared these Biggie Smalls quotes with the world. Both of these monikers referred to not just his enormous physical stature, but also his larger than life talent for clever wordplay. These Biggie Smalls quotes will allow you to peek into the window of his hectic surroundings and desire for greatness.
- "We can't change the world, unless we change ourselves." This Biggie Smalls quote may sound short and simple, but it is overflowing with truth. People are only in control of their own actions. So they can't expect to change the way the world works, only how they want to operate within it. Therefore, by making these personal changes, people can lead by example.
- "I never wish death on nobody, cause there ain't coming back from that." Biggie Smalls gives this cryptic quote about just how certain mortality is. People may disagree with one another, or even dislike someone else's actions, but wanting them dead is not the answer. Who would want anyone to pass that sort of deadly judgment over their life?
- “In this bright future you can’t forget your past.” Everyone began their journey through life somewhere. The set of given circumstances that they encounter mold their instincts and become part of their personal experience. Biggie Smalls understands that his point of view wouldn't exist without his roots - neither would anyone else's.
- “Excellence is my presence. Never tense, never hesitant.” This lyrical quote from the Bad Boy Records recording artist Biggie Smalls conveys his gigantic confidence. He makes no appoligies for his sheer belief in himself — nor should he. By being calm under pressure, he is able to react to life's unexpected occurrences.
- “We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us. No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us. Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty.” This creative retelling of the classic rags-to-riches story is tailor-made to fit Biggie Smalls' own personal life. This quote brings to mind many instant images: a freezing apartment, a disappointed child on Christmas morning, a crying kid's birthday — but also celebration and triumph. This entire past-to-present tale was articulated by Biggie Smalls within roughly a ten-second quote.