Biscuits And Gravy Recipe
This biscuits and gravy recipe will impress any breakfast guest you happen to need to feed in the morning. However, the great thing about this recipe is that if you are ever in the mood for breakfast for dinner, it fits the bill as well. Easy to make, great tasting, and keeps well so you can put the extra in the fridge and heat it up the next day and it will taste just as good.
For this biscuits and gravy recipe, you will need these ingredients:
- One can of biscuits - any kind will work but the country style seem to work best
- One package (9 oz) of crumbled breakfast sausage
- About 10 to 15 pieces of bacon, cut into little pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven and bake the biscuits as directed on the package.
- While the biscuits are baking, you can begin the gravy mixture.
- Heat up a skillet, and add the sausage and bacon, and cook until done, about six to ten minutes
- Once the bacon and sausage mixture is done, add in the flour, then slowly add in the milk. Stirring constantly to remove lumps, cook the mixture together on a low to medium high heat.
- Cook the bacon and sausage gravy mixture until it begins to boil, remembering to stir constantly so it will not form lumps in the gravy mixture.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about two minutes, allowing the gravy mixture to thicken while still stiring.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and split the biscuits in half, and pour the gravy over each one. Season with salt and pepper, and be prepared to take in the compliments as everyone enjoys the meal.