Do you have a bitter taste in your mouth and you're looking for a bitter taste in the mouth remedy? Well, the first step is to find out what is causing the bitter taste. The bad taste may occur due to dental conditions such as gingivitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or medications you are taking. After you have figured out the cause of your condition, you can try some of the tips listed to get rid of the bitter taste.
Things you need to erase the bitter taste in your mouth:
- Dental floss
- Medicated mouthwash
- Baking soda
- Citrus fruits
- Citrus-flavored candy
- Brush your teeth, including your gums and tongue, at least twice daily and use a medicated mouthwash after. Floss your teeth as well because it prevents bacteria and germs that may accumulate between your teeth. You may also want to try a tongue scraper to remove germs from the tongue as well.
- Get some baking soda and regular table salt. Place equal amount on your toothbrush and brush your teeth. This mixture will help eliminate any dental infections or plaque formed on your teeth. You can do this twice daily in the a.m. and p.m.
- Eat foods that stimulate your saliva production. Citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit and lemon help stimulate saliva production and they can help eliminate the bitter taste in the mouth.
- Do you have cinnamon or cloves in your pantry? If so, take a teaspoon and place it in your mouth several times a day to rid yourself of the bad taste in the mouth.
- Adjust your eating habits if the bitter taste in the mouth is due to GERD or indigestion. Do this by eating small quantities, avoid spicy, fried foods and eat slowly to relieve the symptoms of bitter taste in the mouth. Eat small quantities of food every two hours to minimize hunger. This helps you feel full so you won’t eat quickly when you receive your main meal and reduce the acid build-up in the stomach.
- Use breath mints or regular peppermints. This can temporarily remove the bad taste in your mouth, which may occur due to strong-flavored meals. Try sucking on citrus flavored candy such as lemon to mask the bitter taste if you do not have any mints.
- Drink more water. Water helps remove the toxins in your mouth and help reduce acids in the stomach and can help eliminate that awful taste in the mouth.
- Contact you dentist regarding the bitter taste in the mouth if home remedies do not work. Normally, these remedies eliminate bitter taste in the mouth, but if your condition persists, contact your dentist or medical provider for additional treatment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!