Black Bean Burger Recipe
Want a good black bean burger recipe? Black bean burgers are a much healthier option than hamburger, and you'd be surprised how good they are when made correctly. Read on to find out how to make this delicious black bean recipe at home.
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- large frying pan
- mixing bowl
How to make this black bean burger recipe:
- Mash beans. Pour your drained black beans into the mixing bowl and then mash them very well with either a potato masher or a fork if you don't have any other type of masher.
- Add other ingredients. Put the egg, bread crumbs and 1/2 tsp. of onion powder into the bowl with your mashed beans and mix well.
- Make into patties. Using your hands, make your black bean mixture into burgers. This recipe should make a minimum of six burgers.
- Heat oil in pan. Put vegetable oil into pan and heat it up.
- Add burgers. Add burgers into the oil and cook for about six minutes. Flip them, and then cook other side for another four to six minutes.
- Serve black bean burgers. Serve your burgers with buns, lettuce, tomatoes and ketchup.
That's all there is to making this black bean burger recipe. The burgers taste great and fry up to a nice golden brown color. We usually save the extra burgers to heat up the next day for a fast meal. Enjoy this black bean burger recipe for a great alternative to hamburgers.