When you think about black country singers, you will realize that there are not very many of them. Few black stars are in this genre of music. You will find a few that have done very well for themselves and are making a name in country music. Here are five of the best black country singers.
- Cowboy Troy – He was the host of the show "Nashville Star" one season. He had a hit with the song "I Play Chicken with the Train." He does throw a little bit of rap into his music, but he is still country.
- Darius Rucker – Darius is formerly of the group Hootie and the Blowfish. He was the main singer in this group before he was a country artist. He has recently started releasing country music on his own and has already had three #1 songs on the country charts. "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" is one of his biggest hits.
- Charley Pride – He is known as the first famous black country singer. He is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame. "Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'" is one of the songs he is most famous for singing.
- Rissi Palmer – She is one of the few black women to break into the country music business. She had a hit with the song "Country Girl." She recently did a version of the song "No Air" by Jordan Sparks.
- Miko Marks – Her video "Mama" has been featured on CMT, which is Country Music Television. Miko was named one of the hottest new country artists by People magazine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …