There's nothing worse than butt dialing at an inopportune moment, so learn how to lock the keypad of a Blackberry 8320. If you don't know the model number, this is the Blackberry Curve. Locking the keypad also prevents you from typing and sending random text messages and opening the Blackberry browser. If you have kids running around, this will be an invaluable feature to use. Ditto on having a far too inquisitive spouse. There are a few ways you can lock your Blackberry 8320's keypad, so if one method doesn't work, just go on to the next one or play around with the options until you find one that works for you.
Things you'll need:
- Blackberry 8320 smartphone
- Navigate to "Options," "Screen/Keyboard Options" and set the convenience key to "Keyboard Lock." If you don't want to use this option to lock the keypad, you can use it for pretty much any other function the Blackberry Curve has.
- Go to the "Phone" menu. Choose "Menu," "Options," then "General Options." Look for the box labeled "Dial From the Home Screen." Choose "No" in the drop down box. Now you can lock the keypad by hitting "K" on the home screen.
- Hold down the mute key for five seconds. This is not technically a keypad lock, but it enters the Blackberry Curve into standby mode. This prevents butt dialing as well as allowing you to skip password entry.
- Hold down the "Alt" key and hit "Enter." This shortcut works on other Blackberry models.
- Hit "Menu." Choose the "Keypad Lock" option.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.