- How To Fix Non-Working Keys On Blackberry Pearl
- How To Change Out Lens On Blackberry Curve 8330
- How To Set Text Ringtones On BlackBerry Curve
- How To Take Out Trackball In Blackberry Curve 8310
- How To Setup Email On Blackberry
- How To Change Voicemail Number On A BlackBerry Storm
- How To Change The Wallpaper On A Blackberry
Blackberry Trackball Replacement
If you are a blackberry phone user, then you need to know how a blackberry trackball replacement is done. If the trackball falls off your blackberry or simply will not move, you will need to clean it and fix it again. It is common for blackberry trackballs to give a little trouble. This trouble can be as a result of dirt. So, before you replace, clean it first to ensure it is completely bad.
For an efficient blackberry trackball replacement, you will need the following:
- Spare blackberry trackball
- Canned air
- Magnetic surface
- Use a screwdriver, a thumbnail, or any small instrument that can pull off the trackball faux silver plastic cover. Be careful while doing this so as not to break the trackball; it is a lightweight plastic without a prong.
- Look carefully at every pocket lint and other bits and grim hanging around the outer parts of the trackball assembly. Carefully pull up the tiny metallic clip that sits on top of the blackberry trackball assembly to hold it in place. Ensure you do not misplace this ring because it is very small. More so, this ring bends easily so do not pinch it so hard.
- Gently remove the trackball. This is the engine room of your blackberry trackball replacement. You can place it on a magnetic surface to hold it in place. Set the trackball assembly aside taking into consideration the metal tab appears to point downwards. This side should be facing the keypad or you lower half of the phone when you are putting the trackball back in.
- Get a little quantity of alcohol, a Q-tip and some canned air if you have them. Place the canned air on top of the phone and then exchange the internals with the Q-tip. Put a few drop of alcohol on the Q-tip making sure that it does not soak. Hit the internals and the canned air together again to remove anything that was displaced by the swab. Then dry any remaining alcohol and change the trackball itself hitting it with the canned air ensuring that the inside is dry.
- Put the components of the trackball together and place the assembly in, making sure that the side tabs are fixed to the right and left sides with the bottom tab pointing downwards. Place the retaining metal clip into place with the tabs facing up and down. With your screwdriver tip, gently push it into place taking note to feel it click.
- Finally, in your blackberry trackball replacement, place the falsely chrome plastic trackball on top of the assembly ensuring the tabs are facing down, right and left. Carefully press the component into place using your thumbnail. It is better to put the bottom tab into place first before you. In other not to scratch the plastic, it is not recommended to use your screwdriver to push part into place.
Blackberry trackball replacement is a very easy task. However, the process requires care because almost all the parts have very tiny plastic nipple that can easily break. But if you follow the above steps for your blackberry trackball replacement, your BlackBerry trackball should be back on track and working.
Posted on: Apr. 19, 2011