Do not ignore any of these bleeding ulcer symptoms as it can lead to a more serious condition that can progressively become life threatening situation. The condition of bleeding ulcer is also known as peptic ulcer that causes significant discomfort and pain caused by sore lesions in the wall of the stomach. Recognition of the following bleeding ulcer symptoms can help one seek immediate medical treatment and relieve the discomforts experienced with bleeding ulcer symptoms.
- Pain. Bleeding ulcer is naturally painful but the pain level that a sufferer feels will depend on the extent of damage that the ulcer causes in the stomach. The pain may last for a few minutes and may extend to occur for hours unless treatment and medication is given. The pain is usually locally felt from the navel and to a certain extent may be accompanied with back pain. Oftentimes the pain will occur after eating with nausea.
- Bloody stool. A significant bleeding ulcer symptom is the passing of foul smelling, tarry, and black stools. This is the initial symptom that many experienced once an ulcer begins to cause bleeding and it is followed by passing a dark red blood in the stools.
- Abdominal pain. Pain in the abdominal area is common and it is usually triggered by eating spicy foods and smoking. A burning sensation is felt along the abdomen. As more perforations along the stomach walls develop the pain intensity increases.
- Vomiting of blood. A bloody stool is also accompanied with vomiting of blood. The blood is usually bright red which indicates the presence of gastric bleeding. Vomiting of blood as a bleeding ulcer symptom is always accompanied with nausea. Vomiting blood that are dark and looks like coffee granules indicate that these are old blood from the stomach.
- Fainting and dizziness. Some people suffering from bleeding ulcer symptoms experience fainting and dizziness. This is because they are experiencing significant blood loss that could lead to anemia making one feel weak and easily fatigued most of the time. This is the outcome for slow bleeding in the stomach that is left untreated for a prolonged period of time.
- Bleeding ulcer symptoms are treatable. Surgery is indicated for severe bleeding ulcers while antacids and medications like PP inhibitors suffice to neutralize the acid that produces the perforations and sores in the stomach. Dietary and lifestyle changes can deter the recurrence of the bleeding ulcer symptoms as there is a high chance for these symptoms to occur again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?