The blue screen of death fix is knowledge many people will need at some point. The BSOD is short for blue screen of death and can indicate a software or hardware problem with your computer. If the drivers are not compatible, this may cause the blue screen of death error to crop up. There are many causes for the blue screen of death which can make troubleshooting difficult.
Things you will need to assess, and fix, the blue screen of death:
- internet access
- Read and write down the error message on the screen. Then turn the computer off and restart it.
- Go to the support center at Mircrosoft and search for the exact error message. Sometimes the exact error is not listed. If this happens go on to the next step.
- If you use Windows version seven go to the “Action Center.” If you use Vista go to the “Problems Reports and Solutions.” Click “Start” and in this field type the word “action.” Click “Action Center” and select “Check for Solutions." In the “Problems Reports and Solutions” this will be on the left side of the screen. Follow the on screen commands.
- Install the suggested updates. These will vary greatly from computer to computer depending on the diagnosed need. Select “Start” and go to the text field and type “update.” Choose the Windows Update and refine the selection to “Important.” There will be a prompt for installing updated device drivers, install these as well.
- Go to the “Start” menu and then go to the “Control Panel” then double click on the “programs and features.”Uninstall programs that were new when you started realizing you need the blue screen of death fix. Select the program and select uninstall.
- Turn the computer off and back on. While it is coming back on press and hold the F8 key. The Advanced Boot screen will appear. Choose the “Last known good configuration” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Choose a restore point that predates the first time you thought you might need the blue screen of death fix. Select “next” and click “finish.” Turn the computer off and back on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.