Making blueberry muffin recipes from scratch can seem daunting to those who have never made them before. However, making blueberry muffins from scratch is simple. To make blueberry muffins, you will need the items below.
- 1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- Muffin pan
- Food mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Medium sized bowl
- Measuring cup
- Before starting any baking endeavor you should always preheat your oven. For these muffins, your oven needs to be set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While your oven is heating up, use the time to grease your muffin pans. Muffin pans usually have six muffin cups so you will need two pans as this recipe makes twelve muffins.
- Use a medium sized bowl and crack one egg into it pouring 1/2 c. milk and 1/4 c. oil. Using a food mixer, blend the wet ingredients together.
- Once the wet ingredients are blended it is time to add the dry ingredients. In the same medium sized bowl add 1 1/2 c. self-rising flour and 1/2 c. sugar. Using the food mixer combine the wet and dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries. More blueberries can always be added if you prefer your muffins to be jam-packed with fruit.
- Spoon in the muffin mix into the muffin pans. Each cup in the muffin pan should be 2/3 of the way full with the muffin mix. Once the muffin pans are ready and the oven is up to 400 degrees place them into the oven. The muffins will need to bake for twenty to 25 minutes. When they are done they should be golden brown.