Body Language Explained
If you're clueless when it comes to the nonverbal messages that women are sending, you need body language explained to you, bro. Women are much more adept than men at interpreting gestures, and the fairer sex subconsciously sends out more of these non-conversational cues than men. Once you learn to recognize the not-so-subtle, wordless ways that women are communicating with you, you'll be able to stop missing the point and start getting getting more action.
- When she's playing with her hair, she's probably flirting with you. A woman will toss, stroke and twirl her hair when she wants a man to pay attention to her. Are you paying attention to her body language? These are flirting moves, and are her way of showing off her beauty so she can impress you.
- If she's calling attention to her mouth, she's probably flirting with you. Don't miss out on correctly interpreting gestures she makes with her mouth -- licking her lips, applying lipstick -- they may be innocent, but sometimes they're not. Women know that men are turned on by their lush, soft lips; if you're out to dinner and she seems to be enjoying the feel of that dessert in her mouth just a little too much, it could be basic body language to let you know that she's imagining the feel of your mouth, too.
- Is she adjusting her position or her clothing more than seems necessary? She could be incredibly uncomfortable, but if she's slowly uncrossing and crossing her legs or shifting her blouse to expose a bit more skin, it could be body language designed to catch your interest.
- Is she slowly running her finger along the rim of her cocktail glass? Reading women isn't rocket science. She may claim to be unaware that she's doing it, but when a woman grabs your attention by slowly stroking her glass, she knows she's teasing you as much as the glass. Body language isn't always subtle, so don't worry about misinterpreting this move.
- When she leans in close or raises her arms, she may be using body language to send her alluring scent your way. Subconscious or not, some forms of body language have a functional purpose that goes beyond words. Her perfume and pheromones drive you wild, and she knows it.
- Are her arms or legs crossed tightly in front of her? Unfortunately, this type of body language is meant to send the message that she's not interested. By keeping her arms and legs crossed, she's protecting herself from your advances, and it's best to back off. If you understand how women flirt, it's also easier to recognize the unmistakable signs when a woman isn't into you.