Body Massage Techniques
If you wish to learn basic body massage techniques, you simply have to read to educate yourself. Most things can be done from your own home. It is not necessary to go to school to learn how to give an adequate full body massage. Techniques are easy to learn and quite effective as stress relief therapy.
- First, you must know the basics of massage. The massage is performed using the hand or some special tools and machines to strengthen and condition the muscles. These hand movements are called massage actions.
- Know also that there are many different types of massage. There are Trigger Point techniques where certain areas of the body are targeted. In these areas, the hands can dig deeper into the muscle and rub in circular motions. The circular motion loosens the contracted muscle and relieves tension. Vertical movements usually help to relax the muscle after deep pain has been introduced. This pain is, of course, a health pain which is relieved almost as soon as it is introduced.
- Another form of massage is the Classic Massage. Tools can be used with this type massage but some prefer the hands with this as well. Usually, this type does not require the patient to be nude. The back is primarily targeted as well as the upper and lower legs. The massage starts from neck and ends at the ankles, then going back up again. The knuckles, palms and forearms are used during this type of massage. All the primary muscles of the back and legs are targeted, hence, the full body massage. Circular and vertical motions are joined with horizontal pressure applied by the elbows of the masseurs.
- Massage oils are almost always used. No matter what sort of massage is given, oil is used to help the movement of the masseuses' hands. The hands are free to glide along the skin's surface creating a more pleasurable experience. Some oil has heating or cooling elements which get deep within the muscle for treatment.
- An after-massage rub down is performed. After an intense deep muscle massage is given, the masseuse will generally lightly rub the patient down to stimulate the skin. This feeling is very rejuvenating.
Basic techniques are rather simple and easy to learn. Massages can be enjoyed and be very therapeutic at the same time.