People with piercings must learn how to conduct body piercing care on newly pierced body parts. Many different body parts can be pierced and those receiving this done must learn how to care for the piercings to avoid getting infections.
To care for body piercings, you will need:
- Anti-bacterial soap
- Sea salt or Saline solution
- Cotton-tipped swabs
- Cotton balls
To care for body piercings, follow these steps:
- Clean the body piercing with anti-bacterial soap in the shower. Each time you shower, cleanse the area well with anti-bacterial soap, ensuring that you rinse the soap well. Do not touch or rotate piercing while doing this.
- Cleanse the piercing three to five times per day with soap. When cleansing a body piercing, you must first wash your hands thoroughly. Touching a piercing with dirty hands can cause infections. Soak a cotton ball in warm water and first wipe away any visible dirt or dry skin, then throw the cotton ball away. Apply a liquid soap to your finger and rub gently all around the piercing. Rinse the area well and pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Cleanse area with sea salt or saline solution. Sea salts or saline solution products are great ways to care for a body piercing. Sea salt solutions contain a good proportion of salt to water and help kill bacteria that is forming around the piercing. Saline solution is a less expensive alternative to sea salts and is effective in soothing and healing body piercings.
- Use other products. Other types of products are also effective in caring for body piercings. Tea tree oil is a soothing cooling liquid that helps irritated piercings. It must be diluted with water first. Emu oil is also a product used commonly for helping body piercings.
Johnny Brookheart recognizes that wholly piercing love can come in all sorts of colors, volumes, and shapes. That’s why ...
If there’s one thing every man should have in his kitchen, it’s good salt. That most basic of seasonings has been a stap ...
Thor: The Dark World crushed all foes by raking in $86 million over the weekend. And since Thor is totally jacked, we fi ...