If you are looking to pump yourself up, incorporate bodybuilding routines into your workout. Whether you are a scrawny guy that has never seen the inside of the gym, or just looking to take your buff-ness to the next level, getting muscular will make you popular with the ladies. The best bodybuilding routines depends on your starting level and the time and equipment that you have. Keep in mind that if you are looking to get strong and build sexy muscles, pay attention to what you eat. Get rid of the junk food and start packing in the protein.
- Beginner Bodybuilding Routine When first getting started bodybuilding, the goal is to get to know the exercises and your own weight limits. The beginner routine involves pyramiding. This means that you start with warm-up using light weights. After that, add more weight and reduce by two repetitions. Work your way to lifting the heaviest weight you can and only doing eight repetitions.
- Split Workouts Another bodybuilding routine is to do split the full body workouts into two separate days. With extra rest days comes muscle strength and growth. This will get you closer to flexing those guns at the beach!
- Progressive Overload In this bodybuilding routine, you continue to increase sets, frequency of exercises and resistance. The weights are heavy and require more rest days than you would otherwise take.
- 5 x 5 Program This bodybuilding routine is pretty straightforward. Just do five repetitions and five sets of each exercise. As soon as you are easily able to do it with the current weights, increase the weights by five pounds.
- Circuit Training For the bodybuilder that wants to shed some fat and beef up, circuit training is ideal. It involves doing all of the standard bodybuilding exercises with lower weight and no rest between sets. That gives it cardiovascular benefits.