If you want to beat the summer heat with some delicious recipes that require little to no cooking, this bow tie pasta salad recipe with Feta cheese is a fast and flavorful dish that is sure to please. Add this delicious recipe to your list of summer meals, and serve this pasta salad as a side dish for a barbeque, or as a stand alone meal with you family. The Greek flair of this dish was completely inspired by the Feta cheese, but if you prefer, any goat cheese would be a perfect compliment to our pasta salad recipe.
Ingredients for Greek pasta salad with bow tie pasta and Feta cheese:
- 14 ounces bow tie (farfalle) Pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni sausage, cut into strips
- 1 cup salami, cut into cubes
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Begin by cooking the bow tie pasta as directed on the back of the bag. Rinse, strain, and set aside in refrigerator.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and black pepper in a large glass bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, green and red peppers, cucumber, and black olives to the bowl. Stir in the salami and pepperoni.
- Add the chopped green onions and Feta cheese. Stir well.
- Remove the bow tie pasta from the refrigerator, and add it to the other ingredients in the bowl. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cover, and chill pasta salad for at least two hours or overnight. Add additional Feta cheese crumbles immediately prior to serving. Serve this delicious, Greek inspired bow tie pasta salad as a side to any dish, or add grilled shrimp or chicken to make it a complete meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.