If you want to beat the summer heat with some delicious recipes that require little to no cooking, this bow tie pasta salad recipe with Feta cheese is a fast and flavorful dish that is sure to please. Add this delicious recipe to your list of summer meals, and serve this pasta salad as a side dish for a barbeque, or as a stand alone meal with you family. The Greek flair of this dish was completely inspired by the Feta cheese, but if you prefer, any goat cheese would be a perfect compliment to our pasta salad recipe.
Ingredients for Greek pasta salad with bow tie pasta and Feta cheese:
- 14 ounces bow tie (farfalle) Pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni sausage, cut into strips
- 1 cup salami, cut into cubes
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Begin by cooking the bow tie pasta as directed on the back of the bag. Rinse, strain, and set aside in refrigerator.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and black pepper in a large glass bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, green and red peppers, cucumber, and black olives to the bowl. Stir in the salami and pepperoni.
- Add the chopped green onions and Feta cheese. Stir well.
- Remove the bow tie pasta from the refrigerator, and add it to the other ingredients in the bowl. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cover, and chill pasta salad for at least two hours or overnight. Add additional Feta cheese crumbles immediately prior to serving. Serve this delicious, Greek inspired bow tie pasta salad as a side to any dish, or add grilled shrimp or chicken to make it a complete meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."