One of the most important parts overlooked in bowling are the bowling ball grips. With a proper grip, it is far easier to swing a ball that weighs sixteen pounds that fits properly rather than a twelve-pound ball that does not fit well. Get your ball drilled by a professional so that your grip is better than everyone else's and improve your game.
- Comfort. Comfort is the key factor for a proper grip. Bowling a single game or two does not put any strain on your hand, but if you are going to bowl at least a couple of times a week, you will surely need a grip that does not hurt or blister your hand. An improper grip will put you in the same position as a runner without a properly fitting shoe.
- Types. Based on your present level of bowling, the pro shop can always give you the best possible grip for optimal performance. Generally, there are three kinds of grips on a bowling ball – fingertip grip, semi-fingertip grip and traditional grip.
- Beginner Bowlers. Get a traditional grip where you can insert your fingers to the second grip if you are a beginning bowler. This conventional grip gives you good control over the ball during the learning phase. The traditional grip is also ideal for those who do not have much strength in their hands. The more your fingers are inside the ball the easier it is to grip it.
- Intermediate and Advanced Bowlers. As you move to the other bowling ball grips that have lesser depth, the control over the ball diminishes, but the power in the release and the strength of the roll increases. Moving from the beginner level to the next level is not quite difficult, given that you have gained enough experience.
- Grip Adjustments. Pay attention to how the grip feels every time you bowl. The size of the thumb and fingers varies according to conditions of temperature and humidity. When you feel the holes to be too large, add some tape to the back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?