In today's classroom, both students and educators need as much support as possible and one interesting use of the internet is where BrainPop and BrainPop games come into play. BrainPop is an online resources that delivers "animated, curriculum-based content that supports educators and then helps enhance their lessons," according to the BrainPop website. BrainPop was founded in 1999 and serves more than 13 million children. The site attracts more than 1.5 million new unique visitors each month.
- Science. The games and activities in BrainPop in this subject area cover cellular life and genetics, earth system, energy, matter and chemistry, the environment, space, diversity of life, ecology and behavior, famous scientists, motions, forces and time, scientific inquiry and weather. These games help answer questions such as "What is everything made of?" and "What are the laws that rule the universe?"
- Social Studies. BrainPop games and activities in social studies cover areas such as culture, famous historical figures, US government and law, world history, economics, geography and US history. Social studies BrainPop games help students understand how people behave in society.
- English. BrainPop users can apply games in this subject covering areas such as famous authors and books, grammar, study and reading skills and writing. English BrainPop games focus on words and their usage, such as the mechanics of language.
- Math. In math, subscribers to BrainPop can play games in algebra, geometry and measurement, probability, data analysis, numbers and operations and ratios, proportion and percenages. Students playing BrainPop math games are presented with calculations and computations in all these areas.
- Engineering and Technology. This BrainPop subject area includes games in topics such as communications, computers and the internet, digital citizenship, energy technology, science and industry, simple machines and transportation. Engineering and technology in BrainPop games offers lessons in inventions, innovations and discoveries.
- Health. In health, subject areas cover body systems; genetics, growth and development, diseases, injuries and conditions, nutrition, personal health and sports and fitness. Health games look at the body and how it works. Are you what you eat?
- Arts and Music. BrainPop games in arts and music cover areas such as arts concepts, famous artists and musicians, making music and learning music, and musical genres. Music is an area where students can play games to study the language of expression.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.