Looking for a bread pudding easy recipe? Bread pudding developed in the 13th century as a way to use up stale bread, which was soaked in milk to make it palatable. Modern bread puddings are made with custard–a mix of milk and eggs–and can be either a sweet dessert or a savory, stuffing-like side dish. This recipe is for a simple and easy bread pudding for dessert.
To make a bread pudding easy recipe, you will need:
- six slices white bread, slightly stale
- two tablespoons melted butter
- four eggs
- two cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- one teaspoon cinnamon
- one teaspoon vanilla
- Cut the or tear the bread into uniform pieces, about one inch square. Toss with melted butter.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together in a separate bowl. This forms the custard for the bread pudding easy recipe.
- Place the bread in an eight-inch square baking pan. Pour the custard over it and make sure all the pieces of bread are coated.
- Bake the bread pudding in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (325 degrees if you're using a glass baking pan). The pudding is done when you can tap the top of the pudding and it springs back lightly.
- Bread pudding recipes often involve baking the pudding in a water bath, which means placing the pan with the bread pudding inside a larger pan of water. This helps distribute the heat evenly to help the custard set. This bread pudding easy recipe works fine without a water bath, making it easier and quicker to create.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!