Looking for a bread pudding easy recipe? Bread pudding developed in the 13th century as a way to use up stale bread, which was soaked in milk to make it palatable. Modern bread puddings are made with custard–a mix of milk and eggs–and can be either a sweet dessert or a savory, stuffing-like side dish. This recipe is for a simple and easy bread pudding for dessert.
To make a bread pudding easy recipe, you will need:
- six slices white bread, slightly stale
- two tablespoons melted butter
- four eggs
- two cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- one teaspoon cinnamon
- one teaspoon vanilla
- Cut the or tear the bread into uniform pieces, about one inch square. Toss with melted butter.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together in a separate bowl. This forms the custard for the bread pudding easy recipe.
- Place the bread in an eight-inch square baking pan. Pour the custard over it and make sure all the pieces of bread are coated.
- Bake the bread pudding in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (325 degrees if you're using a glass baking pan). The pudding is done when you can tap the top of the pudding and it springs back lightly.
- Bread pudding recipes often involve baking the pudding in a water bath, which means placing the pan with the bread pudding inside a larger pan of water. This helps distribute the heat evenly to help the custard set. This bread pudding easy recipe works fine without a water bath, making it easier and quicker to create.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.