Learn the breast milk storage guidelines so a healthy, fresh bottle of breast milk can be provided to a baby each day. Nurses, busy mothers and babysitters often need to feed the baby when breast milk it is not available. Breast milk can be available around the clock if simple breast milk storage guidelines are followed.
To store breast milk, you will need:
- Hot water
- Paper towel
- Hard plastic up with screw cap or screw cap bottle
- Wash the hands. Turn on hot water, and lather the hands with soap for fifteen seconds according to breast milk storage guidelines. Dry the hands with a paper towel.
- Store the breast milk in a clean container. Use hard plastic cups with caps or screw cap bottles to store breast milk. Pour the breast milk into the container, and seal it tightly.
- Label the container of breast milk. Write the date of the milk on the label. Clearly write the name of the child and type of milk.
- Store the breast milk in room temperature of 77 degrees for up to eight hours. Try to keep the breast milk cold as possible while at room temperature. Cover the container with a cold towel to keep it cooler.
- Put the container in the back of the refrigerator. Store the container for up to five days. The refrigerator must be 39 degrees to prevent the milk from spoiling.
- Store the breast milk in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator for up to two weeks. Put the container in a freezer compartment that is constantly five degrees. Keep the container in the back of the freezer.
Do not use plastic bags to store breast milk. Plastic bags could easily spill or leak. According to breast milk storage guidelines, do not mix fresh milk with frozen milk.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.