Bridge Commander Mod
Obtaining and downloading “Bridge Commander” mods or modifications to the base game can be overwhelming. “Bridge Commander” as part of the Star Trek gaming universe is a large piece of the over all universe. “Bridge Commander” offers hands on accounts of being a Star Fleet Commander directing the Star Fleet experience from the flight deck. There are literally thousands of mods presented for the base game. “Bridge Commander” offers mods to the base game that range from texturing, mapping to even conversations. Some mods are of course more impressive or useful to the gamer than others. The issue here with the extensive “Bridge Commander” mods available is choosing what is right for you, the gamer.
Things you will need for this are:
- Internet access
- Bridge Commander game
- “Bridge Commander” is a vintage 2002 game released by Activision. As such, you have two options. One would be to look for a newer more advanced gaming simulator or the other is to fan through the extensive mod library. Many of the ‘still supported’ mods are available and several good sources.
- These sources, i.e. ‘FilePlanet,’ ‘Moddb’and ‘filefront’ offer easy download processes. They are comprised of selecting the mod and downloading it to your desktop. From here you simply double click the mod and the installation process will complete automatically. Some mods require you to go in game and initiate the file to complete the download.
- With his in mind, note that there are what is called ‘supermods’ available. What that is, are multiple mods packaged together to east the mod process. These packages offer a variety of smaller mods combined into one download. Visit ‘BCS:TNG’ or ‘JL Studios’ for two examples of these. The download process is the same as above. The key here is to locate and download the mods that are of your interest.
- If you are looking for an easy fix, try some of these mods on for size. ‘DS9FX Xtended’ is the “Deep Six 9” extension modification that brings you new stars systems, new ships and missions to pay on “Bridge Commander” The mod is very simple to download. It can be located ‘filefront-bridgecommander’ and is a simple process of selecting download, mirror site and then to your desktop. From here you select the .exe icon and follow the simple instructions.
- ‘Galaxy Charts’is another great modification. This mod concentrates on appearances and enhancements. Such upgrades to scripts as more engaging warp speed graphics, galactic war simulator and the ability to barter or negotiate peace. Very fun and interesting mod that is located at and downloaded the same as ‘DS9FX.’