The placement makes bridge piercing care more difficult compared to other piercing. A bridge piercing is a piercing that goes through the fleshy part of the nose right between the eyes. The steps for bridge piercing care are slightly different than other piercings. The steps must be performed twice a day unless otherwise noted.
For bridge piercing care, you will need:
- Antibacterial soap
- Sea salt
- Distilled water
- Scent-free antimicrobial soap
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap. Clean beneath the fingernails where bacteria tends to hide. Killing germs is important in bridge cleaning care.
- Wipe down the work area to make the area sterile. This is in case you set an item down but then pick it up to use again. The item should remain clean.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with eight ounces of distilled water in the cup. This is your saline solution. Saline solution is the only product you need for bridge piercing care. You do not need to purchase cleaning products. Some piercing cleaners are actually harmful.
- Soak a piece of gauze in the saline solution. Press the gauze against the piercing and hold it there for five minutes. Keep your eyes closed to prevent any of the saline solution from getting into your eyes.
- Rinse the bridge piercing. Lean your face forward and pour water from the cup over the piercing and into a sink. This will remove any gauze that might have gotten stuck on the piercing.
- Air-dry the piercing. Do not pat or wipe dry the piercing with a towel or other cloth.
- Clean the piercing with anti-microbial soap while in the shower. Lather a small dab of the soap between your fingers. Apply all over the piercing and immediately rinse it off. Make sure there is no soapy residue. This should only be done once a day. Anti-bacterial soap should not be used for bridge piercing care. Anti-bacterial soap destroys the good bacteria needed for a clean heal. Only use it for washing your hands and the work surface.
Do not play with the piercing while it heals. It does not need to be turned. Sometimes a crust forms around the healing bridge piercing. Do not pick at the crust because it will remove healing tissue. Use a warm compress. Press it against the piercing to loosen the crust.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.