British Street Style: 10 Tips
Our cousins across the pond have been known for plenty of influential innovations, including British street style—10 tips on how to copy this style is something we all could use. From Mod to punk, the Brits are a stylish bunch. We give you10 tips to help you capture some of that British street style.
- Perfect Sunglasses. It is common knowledge that accessories make the outfit. Sunglasses are the perfect choice for this and are one of the first things people look at out on the street. Consider classic styles like Wayfarers and aviators.
- Outerwear. The perfect coat is also imperative, especially in those winter months. A gray tweed double-breasted pea coat is a good choice, because it will never go out of style. Invest in something that is classic and will last you a long time.
- Cuffed Trousers. This is a more recent trend, but it uses an old stand-by: the trouser. This look looks great with a nice leather boot or even some high-top sneakers.
- Leather Gloves. These are also important during the colder months out of the year. Also, a pair of fingerless black leather gloves make a great statement, rather than a pair of mittens.
- Fedora. A fedora adds a sense of sophistication and an aspect of completion to any outfit. This is important to any street style look.
- Scarf. Like the fedora, a scarf is a stylish addition to any look. More proof that the accessories make the outfit.
- Statement Trench Coat. A plain trench coat is fine and good, but for someone looking to achieve the best street style look, go for something with a bright or large print. A plaid coat is a good choice.
- Well-Tailored Suit. This is a must-have for any stylish bloke. A suit is a great investment and looks best when tailored.
- Leather Jacket. For a stylish, cool look, opt for a leather jacket instead of a pea coat or a trench. A leather jacket makes plain jeans look more sophisticated.
- Cardigan. A cardigan also makes a casual outfit look more stylish and dressy. For a more unconventional version of a cardigan, go for a double-breasted one.