Are you on a quest to keep track of your finances and are looking for the five best budgeting software programs? There are many different programs in which to choose from; some are free while others are fancy and do everything but input the actual data. If you have no experience with software exclusively for budgeting, you might consider a free choice just to get started. Most of the options that cost money do have a free trial period, so you can test drive it before purchasing it.
- AceMoney Lite. This is a freeware program and is remarkably detailed, making it one of the best budgeting software applications available. The program runs on all Windows platforms, Linux and Mac. It includes many features including tracking spending habit, managing multiple budgets, investment performance, multiple currencies, setting due dates for bills, recurrent bills, and it is user-friendly with an easy-to-use interface.
- Quicken Personal Finance Solutions. For those wanting a powerful and well-respected program, the Quicken is one of the best budgeting software programs available. The program runs on all Windows platforms, and it just released a Mac version. Features include the ability to see all your accounts in one place, auto-categorizes transaction types, and the ability to view your current balance and chart where your money is going. The Quicken Personal Finance is easy-to-use and something you cannot live without once you start using it. There is a trial offer for 30 days, which gives you a chance to test-drive it.
- Budget for Mac OS X. This is a veritable budgeting software program but it is only made for the Mac platform. There are very few programs made only for the Mac, which is why this is worth mentioning because its focus from the beginning was building a program from the ground up for the Mac environment. Many Mac users often feel left out since 95 percent of programs are first made for Windows and later a Macintosh version arises, but not with the Budget program! The program offers a fully-functional trial period.
- jGnash Open Source Cross Platform. This program is open-source, which means it is free to use and is a surprisingly powerful budgeting software programs. Features include double-entry ability, settlement of accounts, reports generated in a PDF, user-friendly interface, multiple currencies, investment accounts, and periodic payment schedules. Because the software is open-source, it is continually worked on and used by its developers.
- Mint.com. This is one of the best free budgeting software programs because it does not require any downloads, it is completely online. This means it is cross-platform, easy to use, up-to-date, allows you to track investments, reduce debt, graphs and the website is secure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.