Learning how to build a dirt bike stand will help improve your ability to perform maintenance on your dirt bike. Building your own will save you a couple hundred dollars when compared to purchasing one from the store. A homemade dirt bike stand is just a functional as the purchased one because its simple purpose is to hold the bike’s weight.
Things you will need to build a dirt bike stand:
- Milk crate
- 1 Sheet of Plywood
- Tape measure
- Measure the height and the width of the milk crate. It will likely be a 15-inch cube or a 13-inch cube. This shapes the base from which you will build a dirt bike stand.
- Cut the sheet of plywood with a jigsaw. Cut the piece with a tapered shape. If the milk crate is a 15-inch cube, cut the top of the plywood 14 7/8 inch and cut the bottom side 23 inches wide. The sides are fifteen inches long. Likewise, if the milk crate is a 13-inch cube, cut the top 12 7/8 inch wide and the bottom 21 inches wide, the sides will be thirteen inches long. Cut two. This creates a wide base that will make the dirt bike stand more stable.
- Make a slot that measures a half inch in the middle of one piece of plywood. Start at the bottom and make the slot seven inches long for the 15-inch milk crate and six inches if you are using a 13-inch milk crate.
- Make a slot that measures a half inch in the middle of the second piece of plywood. Start at the top and make the slot seven inches long for the 15-inch milk crate and six inches if you are using a 13-inch milk crate.
- Slide the two pieces of plywood on each other using the slots. This forms a plus sign and is the base of the dirt bike stand.
- Cover the narrow top of the plywood base with the milk crate turned so the opening is down.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.