Learning how to build a diving platform doesn’t have to be such a daunting task. By building your own diving platform, you can be sure that the diving board will be well made and properly put together. Learning how to build your own diving board doesn’t take long, and it can be built in an hour or less.
Things you need to build your own diving board:
- Tape measure
- Table Saw
- Circular Saw
- (10) 2 by 4 inch treated lumber, 12 feet in length
- Phoenol Glue
- Rubber Based Adhesive
- Rubber Matting
- Strap Iron
- 2 inch metal pipe
- Cut six of the 2 by 4 boards into pieces down the length using the table. It should measure out to be so one side is 1 ½ inches and the other is three inches. You will need twelve total cut pieces for your platform.
- Apply the Phoenol Glue to the first platform board, and lay the second piece on top, applying glue to the top of that. Keep doing this with all twelve pieces of the boards.
- Put rubber based adhesive to the top of the board. Apply to the sides and bottom as well. Add rubber matting to the boards and smooth gently down using the ends of your fingers to smooth out any wrinkles. Flip the board over and insert screws to hold the rubber matting down properly.
- Measure 5½ inches from the end of the board. Insert a groove for your platform that measures 1 inch deep by 1 ½ inches long. To do this, use your circular saw and chisel to get the exact measurement correct.
- On the bottom, drill two holes three inches apart. Chisel enough room for the two inch metal pipe to fit under the diving board. Insert metal piping into the chiseled hole, and bolt on the strap iron.
- Measure 24 inches from the end of the board, and this is where you will attach it to the side of your pool.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.