Burger King Nutrition Facts
If you are looking for a healthy lunch or dinner option, Burger King nutrition facts show that its fare doesn’t quite fit the bill--generally. Of course, if you are looking for taste, it is hard to beat some of the items on the menu. So what will you go for: deprivation of the taste buds or a few extra calories you can work off in the gym?
- Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich. Burger King nutrition facts show that the standard sandwich has about 800 calories. Of these, eight come from saturated fat. What makes this a bit of a risky move are the 1,640 mg of sodium that the Tendercrisp packs. Hold the mayo on this one, and the calorie count goes down to 590, with only 1,450 mg of sodium. Not a bad trade-off.
- A1 Steakhouse XT Burger. A flame-broiled beef patty, onions and American cheese--yum! This meal packs 970 calories and 61 grams of fat as well as 1,930 mg of sodium. If you want to reduce these counts just a bit, leave out the cheese and the mayo. These little changes transform the Steakhouse XT into a 780 calorie meal with only 42 grams of fat and 1,400 mg of sodium.
- SideGardenSalad. An excellent choice for the health-conscious diner, the Burger King nutrition facts data explain that the bare bones version only features 70 calories. This is most likely due to the croutons that accompany the meal. Tread lightly when adding a dressing. The light Italian dressing makes it a 190-calorie treat, while the creamy Caesar transforms it into a 280-calorie side with 700 mg of sodium.
- BK Big Fish. A 4.3-ounce filet of fish, tartar sauce and lettuce are the quintessential ingredients of this meal. They register 640 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1,370 mg of sodium on the Burger King nutrition facts statement. In this case it is a good idea to build up, to give the burger more bulk. Add more lettuce and include onions and tomatoes. They will fill you up and only add about 10 calories to the meal.
- BK Veggie Burger. You would think that Burger King nutrition facts proclaim this menu item to be the healthiest on the list. It features a veggie patty, tomatoes and lettuce. You would be correct, because with only 410 calories, 16 grams of fat and 1,030 mg of sodium this is a great meal. Live a little and add a slice of Swiss cheese, which only adds 40 calories, four grams of fat and 120 mg of sodium.
Burger King nutrition facts can serve as guidelines to make healthy choices--or you can completely disregard them and just chow down to your heart’s malcontent.