Burpees exercise moves are a great way to tone your whole body and get your heart rate up for a cardio burn. While there are basic burpees exercise moves, you can change up your workout to make it more difficult or easier for beginners or those with medical limitations. The first demonstration is for standard burpees, then we'll talk about modifications.
To execute burpees exercise, you will need:
- Yoga mat
- Fitness shoes
- Set Up Stand with your feet together and hands at your sides. Make sure there is plenty of room behind you and keep your feet on the mat.
- Hands Down & Jump Back Bend and place your hands palms down on the mat and jump your feet back so you are in the push-up position.
- Back to Start Jump your feet back in and stand up to your starting position. This is a basic burpees exercise and can be changed as needed.
- For Beginners If you have medical concerns or limitations, step back with one foot and then the other instead of jumping. This takes some of the pressure off your joints and allows you to build up to a traditional burpee move.
- Plank Hold Add in a plank hold when you jump back to work on your core strength. Planks are great for core strength and a flat stomach. After you jump back, hold the plank position for 30 seconds or as long as you can.
- Burpee Jack A Burpee Jack is a great addition to extend the burpees exercise and engages your core and upper arms longer. From the push-up position jump your feet out into a jumping jack position. Jump back into the push up position and up to the starting position.
- Reps Try for two sets of eight to twelve reps. If it's too much, do as many as you can. If not enough, add on or use the advanced moves.