Busta Rhymes is the stage name of a talented artist named Trevor Smith. Busta Rhymes songs are found at the top of the rap charts almost from the moment he started releasing records as a solo act in 1996. Busta Rhymes songs were featured prominently on MTV, and became part of the hip hop and rap culture.
- "Woo Hah! Got You All in Check". This was the first solo Busta Rhymes song ever released. It was only released as a single, but it even without the support of an album it still went to number 57 on American Billboard Top 100 chart and it reached all the way to number two in the UK. It was the announcement that Busta Rhymes was on the scene.
- "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See". It did not take Busta Rhymes songs long to gain respect throughout the entire music community. This song was nominated for a Grammy as best rap single in 1998 but lost out to Will Smith's title song from the "Men In Black" soundtrack. The video for the song was an homage to the Eddie Murphy movie "Coming to America".
- "Gimme Some More". Busta Rhymes kept the hits rolling with his rapid-fire rap hit "Gimme Some More" a year after his success with "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See". It reached number 29 on the Billboard R&B/Rap Singles chart, and went all the way to number five in the UK.
- "Pass the Courvoisier, Part II". Busta Rhymes started collaborating with other hip hop artists later in his career, and a collaboration with P. Diddy resulted in the hit single "Pass The Courvoisier, Part II". The song reached all the way up to number 11 on the Billboard Top 100 and number four on the Billboard R&B/Rap singles charts. Oddly enough, the song only reached the 16th spot on the UK charts where Busta Rhymes songs are very popular.
- "I Know What You Want". Busta Rhymes crossed over into the pop charts with this collaboration with Mariah Carey. It reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and charted in countries all over the world such as Romania and Hungary where it reached number one and number two respectively.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.