Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Want to learn a delicious buttermilk biscuit recipe? Buttermilk biscuits are a great addition to any meal, especially fried chicken or beef stew. You can also use buttermilk biscuits to make favorite dessert recipes such as strawberry shortcake. Read on to learn a versatile buttermilk biscuit recipe that you'll be able to use on a regular basis.
What you need to make this buttermilk biscuit recipe:
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- a mixing bowl
- a cutting board
- a round cutter
- a greased baking sheet
How to make this buttermilk biscuit recipe:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl and mix them all together.
- Add the butter. Cut the unsalted butter into small pieces and work into the dry flour mixture.
- Add in the buttermilk. Stir in the buttermilk until combined only. Do not over-stir.
- Place dough on a floured cutting board. Pat dough until it is only about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits. Using the round cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Put on a greased baking sheet. Put the biscuits so they are touching if you like soft edges, or spread them out if you like crusty edges on your biscuits.
- Bake ten to twelve minutes or until light golden brown.
That's all there is to making this buttermilk biscuit recipe. The secret to making great buttermilk biscuits is to handle the dough as little as possible - the more you handle the dough in terms of stirring, the tougher your biscuits will be. If you follow this buttermilk biscuit recipe, you will make perfect biscuits every time.