Buttery Nipple shots are a crowd pleaser simply due to the saucy moniker. No one is really sure where or when this shooter first appeared on the cocktail scene, but it is a probably a close relative to the Slippery Nipple shooter which uses Black Sambuca instead of Butterscotch Schnapps. Both Nipple shooters share a distinctive layered look which is part of the charm. The Buttery Nipple is smooth and has that 'tastes like candy' quality which can make it deadly if you have already been drinking heavily. Many purists will insist a maraschino cherry must be included in any Slippery Nipple recipe because the cherry is obviously the nipple. While visually stimulating, the taste of a maraschino cherry really does not flow with the Butterscotch Schnapps so feel free to omit it.
To make Buttery Nipple shots, you will need:
- A tall shot glass or shooter glass
- Bailey's Irish Cream
- Butterscotch Schnapps
- Maraschino cherry – optional
- Spoon – optional
- Part one. Buttery Nipple shots begin with a shot glass. If you are using the maraschino cherry then place one inside. Now fill the shot glass three quarters of the way with Butterscotch Schnapps.
- Part two. Fill the rest of the shot glass with Baileys Irish Cream. Remember that Buttery Nipple shots should always look layered and this part requires a steady hand.
- Technique. If you are having difficulty achieving the layered look of a Buttery Nipple, try slowly trickling the Bailey's Irish Cream on the side of the shot glass. Another option is to hold a spoon upside down over the shot glass. Slowly pour the Bailey's Irish Cream over the back of the spoon.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.