Before you take Bystolic, you should learn about Bystolic side effects. Bystolic is a beta blocker used to treat high blood pressure (or hypertension). As with any medication, Bystolic has potential side effects associated with its use. This does not necessarily mean that you will experience the following side effects if you use Bystolic. By law, pharmaceutical companies have to list any new symptom reported by patients during the clinical trials of the medication. Here are some of the most common side effects associated with Bystolic.
- Headache. One potential side effect of taking Bystolic is a headache. This side effect was not significantly different than individuals who were taking a placebo (or sugar pill) during the clinical trials. A headache is a common side effect of many drugs and has to be reported if anyone experiences headaches during the clinical trials.
- Fatigue. Bystolic could make you feel more tired than usual. This potential side effect is common in beta blockers because beta blockers are reducing the amount of adrenaline binding to your beta receptors. This, in turn, makes your heart pump slower, which could cause fatigue in some individuals.
- Dizziness. Sometimes changes in blood pressure can affect your equilibrium; this can cause dizziness. Bystolic and other beta blockers lower your heart rate, which can cause dizziness. If you have a resting heart rate lower than 65 before taking Bystolic, you should talk to your doctor about whether Bystolic is the right medication for you.
- Stomach problems. Some people who have taken Bystolic have reported upset stomach side effects. Some people have experienced nausea, diarrhea and upset stomach. Taking Bystolic with food can reduce the potential for this side effect.
- Sleep changes. Another potential side effect of taking Bystolic is change to your sleeping patterns. Some people reported difficulty staying asleep throughout the night. Other people reported difficultly getting to sleep.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.