When it comes to Call of Duty 3: how to play online, you may be lost in a maze. Do not worry, because Call of Duty 3 is such a popular title (although its hay-day was back in 2006 and 2007). Lots of people have played it online. The multiplayer experience on Call of Duty 3 is matched by none other outside of the Call of Duty franchise, so saddle up and get fighting!
- Pop in the disc and start-up the console. Put the Call of Duty 3 CD into the disc tray and start up your gaming console. Call of Duty 3 works on Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360 and the Wii. To play Call of Duty 3 online you will need an Internet connection for the next step, as well.
- Connect to the Internet. So long as you have an Internet Service Provider and an active network subscription, this step is easy. Either use an ethernet cable or wireless adaptor to connect to your modem.
- Have a subscription. This only applies for Xbox users. Xbox Live memberships are somewhat costly but can be bought for cheaper when purchased in bulk. By the way, the Wii version of CoD 3 does not support online play. Call of Duty 4 on the Wii, however, does support multiplayer (albeit not split screen).
- Select Multiplayer on the main menu. When you start up Call of Duty 3, you will have the option to play campaign as well as do other single-player things. What we are trying to do is play Call of Duty 3 online, so select that option.
- Wait to form a party. It will take some time, but eventually you will have a party of players ready to play you in Call of Duty 3. All multiplayer games online feature one Allied team versus another Axis team. The Xbox and PS2 versions allow for 16 players on one map while the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions can host up to 24.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.